The Predator Movie
Release Date
September 14th, 2018
Fans Online
Predator BiosFugitive PredatorUpgrade PredatorBerserker PredatorGet TicketsGet The Predator 2018 Movie TicketsPredator SwagPredator shirtFeatured

The Predator dethrones The Nun at the weekend Box Office!

The Predator dethrones The Nun at the weekend Box Office!

What's a Nun to a Predator?! As we were expecting, Shane Black's The Predator absolutely dominated at the box office this weekend (debuting to early screenings Thursday night). The Predator managed to earn $2.5 million during its Thursday night preview screenings, $10.4 million on Friday and is on track to rake in over $26 million by the weekend's close.

By comparison, the last Predator movie, 2010's Predators earned itself $24.7 million during its weekend debut.

As new Box office figures for The Predator emerge, we'll be sure to keep you updated!

The Predator 2018 Movie Clip: Ambushing the Upgrade Predator!

A new movie clip for The Predator was also released, you can watch it here!

Box office stats courtesy of Deadline.

About The Predator

Shane Black returns to the Predator franchise to direct a new sequel to 1987's Predator! Officially titled The Predator! From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black's explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

If you're anticipating this film, you will want to join in our The Predator forum! It's a great place to discuss the upcoming Predator movie and engage with other Predator movie fans. Get info on The Predator's release date by visiting the About The Predator Movie page!

Stay up to date with the latest news on Shane Black's The Predator movie by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram!

Grow Your Predator Collection

With the release of The Predator, now is a great time to represent your favorite intergalactic hunter and expand your Predator memorabilia collection. Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Predator hoodies
Predator wall art
Predator mugs

More The Predator Articles

35 Fan responses to The Predator dethrones The Nun at the weekend Box Office!

dk

Sep-15-2018 4:24 PM

Well, thy are called nuns because they get none.

It sounds like a pretty good and creepy movie though. Still, it is nice to hear a sci fi movie with roots to the 1980s pushed The Nun to the side.

I Raptus

Sep-15-2018 4:42 PM

It is sad to see such scathing reviews of this film.

Creature-feature / Sci-fi films rarely get good wraps with maintstream media, but the PC brigade take particular offence to the "taste-less, sexist, racist, misogynist, insensitive jokes" of this film.

Here's a fact for you. This was the first film I've been to in a while where the audience was actively engaged with the film, not mindlessly sitting there sipping on Pepsi.

So 'tasteless' as it may be, it had the crowd in stitches.

dk

Sep-15-2018 4:55 PM

Anyone who knows anything about Michael Key should know what they can expect......snicker....."Sometimes the right man in the wrong place makes all the difference"- G Man, Half Life.

I say let the PC Brigade shout it out- the forbidden fruit is the sweetest.

I Raptus

Sep-15-2018 5:06 PM

Keegan-Michael Key and Thomas Jane were hilarious together and had the best lines!

Sep-15-2018 6:27 PM

Please enlighten me if this review from Vulture called "The Predator biggest flaw is that it thinks it's a comedy" is also part of the PC Brigade.

What is hilarious here, what am I missing?

And this film cost almost as much as Alien Covenant. What a waste. Even for Shane Black.

dk

Sep-15-2018 6:47 PM

daliens Some people are sensitive to "off color" jokes. It's not for everyone and historically people can choose not to watch. Interestingly there are usually no qualms about brutal and violent death- REAL harm. Public figures talking like that are entirely different from a movie or stand up comedy imo.

I think Covenant cost about 35-36 million- more than Predator if sources I saw were accurate.

I Raptus

Sep-15-2018 6:57 PM

Seriously! there is no room for humour left in the world. Everyone gets their kicks from being offended and outraged these days... high and mighty in their Ivory Tower's of smugness and superiority. Everything is offensive and distasteful, and some form of 'ism

Only fools laugh at a fart joke.

Well done PC police.

dk

Sep-15-2018 7:08 PM

Oh come on- everyone will laugh at a fart! That might be the only truism that binds us.

I kind of hope Predator gets controversy since that tends to translate to ticket sales.

Sep-15-2018 7:15 PM

Probably because brutal and violent death happens between jokes. And some people sensitive to "off color" jokes are sensitive ti little else. Like the crowd entertained by gladiator fights.

There are also the die-hard fans who would accept less than they deserve for their loyalty.

"There’s an extended and deeply uncomfortable bit where Baxley accidentally blurts, “Eat your pussy!” at her and she tries to get him to admit he said it while he and the other Loonies gaslight her (“I said, ‘Sheesh, you’re pushy’!”). There’s a bit of would-be slapstick where Quinn tells her he’ll catch her when she’s about to jump off a bus, then walks away just as she falls." (Vulture)

There is no wonder Shane Black cast a sex offender in this film, he writes and directs like one himself.

I chose not to watch this time.

I Raptus

Sep-15-2018 7:28 PM

Is it such a sin to want to escape the seriousness and sensitivities of the real world for an hour and a half to indulge in some entertainment, without being offended for 5 minutes?

Sep-15-2018 7:35 PM

No, it's not.

It's only insulting to see how little they think of their audience. Fart jokes and such.

Sep-15-2018 7:40 PM

And maybe I'm getting too old for this shit. At last.

dk

Sep-15-2018 7:46 PM

Like Danny Glover, I really am too old for this shit but the sound of a fart is comedy gold! Even babies at least smile at the sound with no concept of what humor is.

Sep-15-2018 7:54 PM

You put it right: "babies with no concept of what humor is." They have an excuse.

dk

Sep-15-2018 7:59 PM

I think I mentioned context and you seem to have manged twisting it.

Sep-15-2018 8:07 PM

Ok, maybe they smile hearing a fart once in a while, but continuously for one hour?

I bet they will start crying, sensing something is out of line.

Sep-15-2018 8:15 PM

To quote again from Vulture, while comparing the first and the last Predator films, in the original one "The humor works because it comes in small doses."

I Raptus

Sep-15-2018 8:15 PM

I apologise if I sound like an insensitive a-hole ( I promise I'm anything but) im just frustrated how hard it is please people today. We seemed to have lost our ability to just sit back and enjoy things

dk

Sep-15-2018 8:26 PM

It seems if one objects to the movie without seeing it and states he/she will not see it that is fine. It seems pointless to shred it without even seeing it though. It is hard to understand why someone would even bother posting on a thread about a movie that is perceived as trash without even watching it first. Sounds a bit trollish. At any rate, I look forward to the decadent violence and over the top humor!

Sep-15-2018 8:43 PM

No offense, I'm not trolling. Maybe I'm getting the Tourette's too.

I'm concerned about the future of the Alien / Predator franchise. No news from the Alien front. And I am not fond of the direction the Predator is heading into. I wish it to succeed financially but not to set the course for the next film. No Marvel super heroes, no more AVP.

And I cannot stop thinking that Ridley Scott would have used that money better.

Sorry.

dk

Sep-15-2018 9:12 PM

I mean no offense either even if I sound harsh or mean. I wish for success for both franchises. I will ride the ride. I think we all want to see success but we as a forum seem to differ on what that is. Some want cerebral stuff while others like the glorious action; others focus on production and debate CGI vs practical, and still others go deep into tertiary novels and comics.

Then again, robust debate and arguments fuels this site!

(dk offers olive branch to daliens).

Sep-15-2018 9:35 PM

I am going to give it a try. Even only for the unintended funny scene Dark Nebula  mentioned in his post.

Thanks for the olive branch.

ignorantGuy

Sep-16-2018 7:05 AM

Well, the article fails to mention that adjusted with inflation, Predators made more than 28 mil.

If seen the movie, at the first showing. And it was not very funny as some jokes are simply not good. And the kid was truly awful, not in acting but the idea that mental illness is the next step of human evolution is idiotic.

I know if I would have lived in the US I would have gone to Mandy, a movie that is truly bat-shit crazy and is loved by the critics.

Chris

Sep-16-2018 7:45 AM

I wouldn't be so quick to assume the kid's disability isn't an evolutionary step. Many with autism are able to perform some truly remarkable mental processes, things most of us without autism are unable to replicate. I'm no expert but one could speculate that the heightened mental capacity of those with these "disabilities" is an attempt at evolution. Some adjustments would be required as our minds expand beyond basic social cues and primal instincts. We view them as disabled but many of their minds are functioning on significantly higher levels than ours. Their minds simply have better things to think about than focusing on how to act in a social setting. My opinion of course.

I think the Upgrade Predator saw that potential and clearly wanted to exploit that next level cognitive ability for their own race.

As for the concern with "fart jokes", there were no such jokes in the entire film. There were some crude jokes but as an adult, I was able to see the humor in it and enjoy every single moment without taking offense.

I too noticed that every single person in my screening was engaged throughout the entire film. Everyone laughed at the jokes. Everyone went "oh shit"when someone got ripped apart. This movie was engaging and entertaining. Leave the sensitive considerations for real life, not a movie. A movie is meant to give you an escape from the real world and in today's society, where you can't talk openly about anything without someone getting offended over something so trivial, it's a real breath of fresh air to be able to sit back, relax and laugh without fear of ridicule or judgement.

I plan on seeing The Predator again within a few days.

Sep-16-2018 9:08 AM

The Predator earned $24.0 M on domestic and $30.7 M on foreign market in the openig weekend.

The Nun made only $18.0 M this weekend, the second one since its release (the opening weekend for The Nun cashed in $53.8 M).

Sep-16-2018 10:21 AM

In my screening they went 'oh shit' when the guy pushed the ultimate predator (the King Kong sized) over the edge of the cliff and then when the ultimate predator's arm was cut off by the shield of his own predator ship there was a nervous laughter. Like some earlier when the same superhero slided on the plasticky shield of the ultimate predator and simply opened the door from outside and entered the ship. Those Shane Black predators really need some genetic improvement to get at least as smart as an autist boy who deciphered just like that the predator language. And the loysy suit in the end that was called no less than the "predator killer".

Talking about spoonfeeding, how come the human scientists knew so much about the predators intentions? It felt like a bloody voice over all the time. Like the ultimate predator using the translating machine and loudspeakers to talk some platitudes to the humans. Worst than Transformers.

And the dogs, suddenly so cute and friendly after their initial ferocious appearance. What tamed them?

All movie felt like a silly grotesque Halloween costume party, nobody was terrified by the predators as they knew it's a suit, the bullets were fake and way too many. So the charactees could go home between predator encounters to drink a beer and talk more nonsense jokes.

The suspense was only fuelled by the dark because you really have to concentrate to see something.

How good was the original Predator, shot in broad daylight.

I think Fox understood this film is not worth a rats ass when they saw the daylight shot scenes so they were willing to spend some more, at least to confuse the die hard fans and the underaged.

If I would see it again? Only after I drink more beers than the characters on screen.

ignorantGuy

Sep-16-2018 10:30 AM

Only 55 mil? Is that not considered a flop if it does not make it's money back in the first weekend? Go watch Mandy instead...

Sep-16-2018 10:41 AM

I noticed that the new predator looks more like a frog than a crab. Is this another attempt to involve romantically with Disney?

Chris

Sep-16-2018 11:10 AM

Definitely it's by no account a classic or on par with the original 2 films, but it did do a good job of keeping the audience engaged and pacing at a decent rate. I much preferred the Loonies to the crew chosen for Predators.

I think I went in with pretty low expectations given the reshoots and whatnot, but I found myself pleasantly entertained throughout the entire film. Even though the ending was questionable haha

After Covenant I've given up comparing new sequels and reboots to the original movies and am accepting them for what they are and in all fairness I'm glad to see new Predator movies being made. This film really opened up the lore quite a bit and sets up for all kinds of new avenues which can be explored in new films.

Unlike Alien: Covenant I expect a Predator movie to gross me out, be chalk full of cliche 80s style cheese and contain a relentless amount of passive comedy mixed with serious action. With The Predator, that's exactly what I got. Alien however is a whole other ball park - that I expect true suspense and realism.

Sep-16-2018 11:59 AM

Given this moment when there is so much uncertainty about the future of both franchises I had expected more from The Predator.

For me, it did not deliver.

Sep-16-2018 12:05 PM

But maybe it earned its place in Disneyland. Time will tell. The intentions are obvious.

If Ridley succeeds with Merlin I hope we will get the Covenant sequel.

I wished The Predator could help somehow.

Chris

Sep-16-2018 1:09 PM

I'm with ya, I just want more of each. I don't care if they retcon and attack the timeline from different angles, I just want The Predator to perform well enough that we get a sequel. More Alien and Predator for years to come. I hope.

Xenotaris

Sep-16-2018 10:44 PM

I liked the film, sure it has its flaws like Alien Covenant has its flaws. But, its still better than AVP (2004)

I Raptus

Sep-17-2018 12:20 AM

Xenotaris I liked it too, I was pleasantly entertained.

Hopefully there is many more Alien and Predators to come :)

Im Durp

Sep-17-2018 9:22 AM

The characters really made this movie for me. If it wasn't for the loonies I wouldn't have been invested to the point I was. Shame the movie kind of went downhill when the big Predator showed up. Really would have been better if they just had the small one chasing after its tech the whole time.

I think it's worse than Predator 1&2, but I'd watch it again over Predators.

Sign in with your Scified.com account to add a comment!

Visitor Comments

Predator4-Movie.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster The Predator (Predator 4). Providing the latest official and accurate information on Predator 4 / The Predator, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Predator, Predator 2, Predators and The Predator looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. The Predator (Predator 4) and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for The Predator (Predator 4)'s release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.