The Predator Movie
Release Date
September 14th, 2018
Fans Online
Predator BiosFugitive PredatorUpgrade PredatorBerserker PredatorGet TicketsGet The Predator 2018 Movie TicketsPredator SwagPredator shirtFeatured

Rumor: Ben Affleck turned down The Predator, James Franco now eyeing lead role!

Rumor: Ben Affleck turned down The Predator, James Franco now eyeing lead role!

A new Predator 4 rumor has surfaced suggesting that Ben Affleck turned down a role for Shane Black's The Predator and that now agents for James Franco are pushing for him to star as Quinn McKenna, the film's lead protagonist.

This rumor comes to us from The Wrap, who report that Shane Black was initially interested in either Ben Affleck or Christian Bale for the lead role in his Predator sequel, but that because neither of those came through, James Franco's agents are now pushing to secure the lead role for Franko himself.

Besides the mention of Franco, the only other casting rumors to have hit the web concerning The Predator were Curtis Jackson's (50 Cent) involvement and the ongoing negotiations with franchise icon Arnold Schwarzenegger. With cameras set to roll near the end of September, we expect we'll begin to receive official casting updates very soon. As more news of this rumor surface we'll be sure to keep you updated!

Thanks to AvPGalaxy for the heads up!

If you're a Predator movie fan and wish to engage with other fans, join in on the The Predator forum! It's a great place to discuss upcoming Predator movies, games and engage with other Predator movie fans. Get info on The Predator by visiting the About The Predator Movie page!

This article was written By Chris and published on 2016-07-15 12:56:35

About The Predator

Shane Black returns to the Predator franchise to direct a new sequel to 1987's Predator! Officially titled The Predator! From the outer reaches of space to the small-town streets of suburbia, the hunt comes home in Shane Black's explosive reinvention of the Predator series. Now, the universe's most lethal hunters are stronger, smarter and deadlier than ever before, having genetically upgraded themselves with DNA from other species. When a young boy accidentally triggers their return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

Stay up to date with the latest news on Shane Black's The Predator movie by liking us on Facebook and by following us on Twitter and Instagram!

Grow Your Predator Collection

With the release of The Predator, now is a great time to represent your favorite intergalactic hunter and expand your Predator memorabilia collection. Check out some products below and click here for even more options!

Predator hoodies
Predator wall art
Predator mugs

More The Predator Articles

Play great games featuring The Predator

Play great games featuring The Predator

All the movies from The Predator series have been like a blessing for all of us, the fans. If you are like me and you cannot get enough of them and if you're looking for any activi... Read More

9 Fan responses to Rumor: Ben Affleck turned down The Predator, James Franco now eyeing lead role!

Patient Leech

Jul-15-2016 1:19 PM

Good lord, those are ALL bad choices for a Predator movie. Adrian Brody from Predators was great, I thought.

Membrane

Jul-15-2016 1:27 PM

If Franco hits the gym to "look" a little more the part of a combat vet/leader, I suppose his acting could carry the part.  Although, Bale has proven, to me at least, in previous roles he could pull it off.  I wasn't sure about Adrian Brody, but he was decent in the last one, which is why I feel the acting is most important.  Anyone can hit the gym and improve their physique to match the stereotypical military/action look.  But then again, Shane Black was in 'Predator' and was thin.  Who knows... :-p

cuponator3000

Jul-15-2016 3:14 PM

Hmm it would be interesting to see Franco in the lead role. As Membrane pointed out, pretty much anyone can beef up for a role, but will they really be able to turn in a good performance. I like him as an actor and I think he can do it, but it would be a departure from his normal role type.

I have to say, Bale being in The Predator? Oh man that would have been great.

******EDIT*****

OHHHHHHHH I thought the article said Dave Franco for some reason. OhHHH maaaan I have to tell you guys, I am (for some odd reason) OBSESSED with James Franco.

My comments about this being a departure from his normal role still ring true haha

rmeyer

Jul-15-2016 4:10 PM

Agree with Leech. Franco is lame! What happened to Schwarzenegger???

I Meme Everything

Jul-15-2016 6:27 PM

Yes, we need Schwarzenegger back!

Chris

Jul-15-2016 7:36 PM

@Patient Leech, I actually remember thinking Adrian Brody was an odd choice for Predators. But, he turned out to be alright. I've stopped jumping the gun with casting until I've seen some footage, sometimes actors can surprise you.

As for Schwarzenegger, as far as we know, he could still reprise his role or at least show up in a cameo. Nothing official has yet been released to confirm or deny that.

Patient Leech

Jul-16-2016 10:18 AM

Brody was great because he's a great actor. I guess the role probably wouldn't require a great actor, but yeah, Franco is just kind of lame. He just comes across as James Franco in every role.

HyperNova

Jul-16-2016 10:35 AM

I HATED, I absolutely HATED Adrian Brody in Predators!!! I UTTERLEY HATED Adrien Brodys casting and I fucking DETEST already the idea of a weedy James Franco in a franchise that is based upon hewen from granite muscle. Three Hundred Spartans-type grizzly Human aggression pitted against inter-galactic alien aggression!!

Once again, they're getting away from the core-subject matter that made PREDATOR so-fucking-EXCELLENT!!!

James Franco as a supporting role in the veign of Hawkings or something from the first f8lm or Poncho then thats fine! But as the main lead, WHY won't the Rock - Dwayne Johston do it, or Gerard Butler, Idris Elba even! Giving it a twist of sorts. Even include Dave Baustia as a kind of Blain character who probably turns-out psycologically like Mac.

I would go so-far as to say why not Jamie Foxx for a Carl Weathers 'Dillon'-like character without copying it to-much the same. What about Samuel L. Jackson being part of proceedings like the General at the begining of Predator or him as a Carl Weathers-like character similar to Dillon too maybe.

Durp004

Jul-16-2016 12:18 PM

I thought Adrian Brody sucked in Predators, but then again I didn't really like much in that movie at all. The character was unlikable literally leading everyone into a trap so he could get a look at the predators. On top of his bland acting. He might work is serious films but a movie like Predator requires some over the top acting. Loved Arnold and Danny in their respective leads; much more fun to follow that Adrian Brody ever was.

James Franco might work, depends what they do with it. I won't criticize him till I see the movie, but not something that I hate right off the bat.

Sign in with your Scified.com account to add a comment!

Visitor Comments

Predator4-Movie.com is an information resource for film enthusiasts looking to learn more about the upcoming blockbuster The Predator (Predator 4). Providing the latest official and accurate information on Predator 4 / The Predator, this website contains links to every set video, viral video, commercial, trailer, poster, movie still and screenshot available. This site is an extension of the Alien & Predator Fandom on Scified - a central hub for fans of Predator, Predator 2, Predators and The Predator looking to stay up-to-date on the latest news. Images used are property of their respective owners. The Predator (Predator 4) and its associated names, logos and images are property of 20th Century Fox and are in no way owned by Scified and its related entities. This is a fan-created website for the purpose of informing and exciting fans for The Predator (Predator 4)'s release. If you have any questions about this site, its content or the Scified Network in general, feel free to contact Scified directly.